Cleanliness is a key factor in a hotel’s success. Visitors traveling on both business and pleasure expect spotless rooms and facilities. Even hotels where the amenities largely reside beneath colorful umbrellas along white sand beaches depend on clean rooms. Unclean guest quarters divert attention from pristine coastlines and spirited lobbies. Cleanliness affects the overall guest experience. Hotel reviewers know this, and this is why only hotels that exhibit high standards of cleanliness receive prestigious ratings and awards. The best hotel cleaning professionals cover five key areas.
- Floors – Clean floors keep rooms smelling fresh. Carpet requires consistent care. Regular vacuuming and shampooing is a must. This includes cleaning corners and quickly treating spills. Even the smallest stain can influence the perception of a room’s cleanliness. Hard flooring needs to be buffed to remove scuff marks as well as stains.
- Bathrooms – Any sign of mold gives an impression of a lack of cleanliness. The area around the shower drain, the grout lines between the floor and shower tiles and the tracks that carry sliding glass doors all need to sparkle. Folding the end piece of the toilet paper roll is a small touch that shows an attention to detail.
- Walls – Drinks often hit the wall on their way to the floor. A thorough hotel cleaning routine should survey the walls around tables and countertops.
- Mini-bar – Wiping down the inside of the fridge is as important as cleaning the surrounding countertop. When a guest takes a soda out of the fridge, the area should not reveal a ring. Making sure the drinks, chips and candies inside the mini-bar are clean is also necessary.
- Windows – If a window looks onto the sea, it has to shine like the bright afternoon sun. Cleaning the windows inside and out should play a regular part in the hotel cleaning routine.
Cleanliness affects guest satisfaction. Implementing a thorough hotel cleaning routine can ensure visitors walk away with a good impression. They may not only return, but they are also likely to tell their friends.