Winter has arrived in Vancouver! As a business this means that taking care of your floors becomes even more important. Your floors are often the first thing all customers and employees see when they walk in. During the winter months foot traffic brings in even more water, dirt, salt and grime. This not only affects how your floors look, but also poses a safety hazard as slips and falls become more likely.
Salt residue is also known for leaving unsightly marks and can even damage your flooring or deteriorate the finish. Putting the correct measures in place to care for your floors this season will help prevent lasting damage and safety hazards.
Pro tips for keeping your floors clean and safe this season:
- Increase mopping frequency to minimize water, debris and buildup.
- Use floor cleaning products specifically formulated for Winter.
- Preform a deep cleaning and apply a high quality, slip resistant floor finish.
- Ensure you have floor mats in all entrance ways and high traffic areas. Floor mats are key for trapping water and dirt as people enter to prevent slips and keep your floors clean.
- Make sure you have wet floor signs available and use them as needed.
Floor care during the winter season requires more time and work, but with the right measures you can keep your floors safe, clean and free of permeant damage.