Floor Care Basics: How to protect your floors this winter
Winter is no joke, especially when it comes to maintaining clean floors. No matter where you live, or your weather conditions, winter poses a challenge when it comes to keeping a clean facility.
Every person that enters your building tracks in extra water, dirt particles and salt, all of which can be extremely damaging to your floors. Here are some easy tips that you can implement today (bonus points if you do this year round!) to help your floors survive the onslaught of the winter months.
- Do a light scrub and recoat of floors with a quality floor finish before the next winter storm hits.
- Ensure you have extra matting at all entryways and that it is being cleaned regularly. Matting is key for trapping the largest and most damaging dirt as it enters the building.
- Change out the cleaning solution in the mop bucket after every use to avoid re-depositing the soil back onto the floor.
- Increase the frequency of mopping during the harshest months.
- Use a floor cleaning solution that is specifically formulated for the winter months. Consult with your cleaning team to determine what solution will work best given your conditions
Your floors are one of the biggest, and most expensive, assets in your building. Taking a proactive approach to their maintenance will help extend their life and keep your visitors safe.