Jani-King of Ottawa recruited a team of volunteers to participate in the GLAD Cleaning the Capital event and let’s just say, you never know what you’re going to find when the snow melts (shout out to the random air filter just sitting in the ditch).
This is our 6th year taking part in this citywide cleaning effort. Over the years the organized event has grown with this year featuring more than 965 projects registered throughout Ottawa. It may have been an overcast (and cold) day, but the team happily tackles the project.
“This is one of the easiest ways to take care of our home,” says Nathan Oxford, President & Regional Director of Jani-King Ottawa, “ Seeing so many other people and organizations joining in makes such a huge impact. Our team looks forward to getting out and doing our part every year.”
Going Green All Year Round
Environmental Sustainability isn’t just something we do one day out the year. Each and every day Jani-King Franchisees aim to lessen our environmental footprint through green cleaning practices that include:
- Using EcoLogo certified products. Here’s how to tell if the cleaning products you’re using at home or in the office are environmentally friendly.
- Microfiber cleaning systems that allow us to reduce the use of chemicals while still effectively removing allergens.
- Equipment that is designed to maximize efficiency and minimize consumption of energy and water.
- Vacuum systems equipped with HEPA/ULPA filters that remove and trap particles, helping prevent the spread of airborne contaminants.
- Specialized chemical dispensing systems that ensure proper dilution ratios which helps reduce consumption.
If you’ve ever wondered how sustainable your cleaning products, equipment and practices are here are some things to have a look at:
- Multi-Surface Cleaners: We all use them to wipe down desks, door handles, countertops etc. Check your cleaner for the EcoLogo to ensure that it is enviro-friendly.
- Toilet Bowl Cleaners: Depending on what ingredients are in your toilet bowl cleaner, this could be the harshest of all the cleaners being used in your facility.
- Waste Disposal: Are you sorting the waste that leaves your facility? If not, this is one of the easiest ways to lessen your environmental footprint.
Want to know more? Here’s how you can perform a sustainable cleaning review.